What is CI/CD?
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, also known as CI/CD, is a set of processes that helps in faster integration of software code changes and deployment to the end user in a reliable manner. The more frequent integrations and deployments helps reduce the software development lifecycle. There are three practices in CI/CD:
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment Let’s look in detail at each of these in the coming sections.
The Benefits of CI/CD
- Significant reduction in integration problems.
- Teams can develop cohesive software more rapidly.
- Improved Collaboration between developers and operation teams can reduce the production integration issues.
- Faster delivery of new features with less friction
- Better debugging the production issues and fixing them in the next release/patch.